The Deaf Community in Vermont is small, but strong. We work together to create equal opportunities for all Deaf and hard-of-hearing people in Vermont. By working with our Deaf Peer Advocate, the Deaf Independence Program serves as an important resource as you set and reach personal and professional goals in education, employment, communication, recreation, legal issues, finance, recreation, housing and others.
For more information, contact our Deaf Independence Program Manager: 1 800 639-1522 (Voice / TTY) .
Deaf and Hard of Hearing Links
- Deafbase – Portal to deaf-related websites and information
- Deaf Victims Advocacy Services
- Deafness/Hard of Hearing at About.com
- Minnesota’s Online Resource about Combined Vision and Hearing Loss
- National Association of the Deaf – Civil rights advocacy group for the Deaf
- Information on Deafness – Gallaudet University
- Austine School for the Deaf – Brattleboro Vermont
- State of Vermont Deaf Services Program
- Vermont Interpreter Referral Service
- VocRehab Vermont – Employment Resources for Deaf and Hard of Hearing